Business managers are usually compared to the generals and commanders of war. Have you ever wondered why? Here are the factors that make business managers a lot like the leaders of warfare:
- They train for their battle – War generals do not become war generals because of sheer luck. They train for their position. They have to do some exercises and practice battling with others to enhance their skills in warfare. Business managers, like the generals of war have to train so that they could become better employers. Business managers have to take courses that will help them become better “commanders” of their companies.
- They train their men – War generals are responsible for training their men. They should come up with great training methods so that their soldiers could be physically-fit, well-equipped, and mentally-fit for their warfare. Business managers also have to make sure that their employees have been trained well for their respective jobs. In fact, some business managers are very strict when it comes to hiring employees. They do not just hire anybody especially one that lacks credentials.
- They prepare for their battle – War generals are also responsible for coming up with strategies and tactics so that they could win the battle. The success of strategies and tactics rely heavily on the skills, instincts, and creativity of the war generals. Business managers, like the generals, are also responsible for coming up with strategies and tactics that would be beneficial for their companies. If plans are not planned well, then disaster could be the fate of the company. You can prepare for “battle” by taking a course like project scheduling course.
- They make sure plans are executed properly – Business managers are not only responsible for coming up with great plans. They are also responsible in making sure that these plans are executed properly. Marketing strategies and tactics rely heavily on good planning. Nevertheless, without proper execution, these strategies and tactics could not work well. The responsibility of making sure that plans are executed well is something that business managers and war generals share.
- They are responsible for the welfare of their men – Business managers and war generals are also responsible for the welfare of their men. They must come up with business ventures and strategies that will not put their men in danger. Good “commanders” of business and warfare should always be thinking of the welfare of their men whenever policies, tactics, and strategies are being planned out.